Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Middle School Art Lessons Help

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 17:28:55 PDT

I totally agree with Maggie. I always started off my new sixth graders
by having them design their names. I suspect you could do it with
7th and 8th if you approached the assignment differently for
each level so they saw it as something different that what the other
classes were doing. I would put up every sixth graders name. It
made them feel good and helped me learn names.

On Oct 26, 2008, at 5:17 PM, KATHERINE A KURCZ wrote:

> I am a middle school art
> teacher who has recently had my schedule changed from teaching 5th,
> 6th
> and 8th grade quarters to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade semesters. I spent
> the summer scouring lesson boards and looking for lesson ideas but I
> still don't have enough. I could create a terrible curriculum in a
> weekend, but I really want a meaningful and fun art curriculum. I'm
> feeling incredibly overwhelmed. If anyone has a great lesson they
> could share with me I would really appreciate it. I have been all
> over
> the web: Incredible Art Dept., Kinderart, Crayola, etc. I find that
> for my middle school students
> to be successful they really have to be engaged in the subject or
> theme
> of the project, and I have some really great projects, but I need some
> more. Thanks in advance...

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

Read My Blog:

Watercolors on Note Cards