[teacherartexchange] Middle School Art Lessons Help

---------

From: KATHERINE A KURCZ (knumber8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 16:17:43 PDT

I am a middle school art
teacher who has recently had my schedule changed from teaching 5th, 6th
and 8th grade quarters to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade semesters.  I spent
the summer scouring lesson boards and looking for lesson ideas but I
still don't have enough.  I could create a terrible curriculum in a
weekend, but I really want a meaningful and fun art curriculum.  I'm
feeling incredibly overwhelmed.  If anyone has a great lesson they
could share with me I would really appreciate it.  I have been all over
the web: Incredible Art Dept., Kinderart, Crayola, etc.  I find that
for my middle school students
to be successful they really have to be engaged in the subject or theme
of the project, and I have some really great projects, but I need some
more. Thanks in advance...