[teacherartexchange] clay and plaster question

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2008 - 14:33:12 PDT

Hi all,
I have a large quantity of excess clay and would like to do something with
my seniors (they have already done clay projects where the clay was
fired)....I also have a large quantity of plaster which I was thinking could
be used. Has anyone made plaster 'tiles' using clay as the 'mold'? I would
like the end product to be a wall hanging of some form, maybe using the clay
to create the mold, with objects pushed into it, then plaster poured
into/onto it......like fruit, or twigs, or other things to make an
impression.
Suggestions? Anyone got pictures of finished products? Anyone done a
lesson similar?? Best way to hang?? (there has to be something better than
a paper clip in the plaster)....Any other ideas for excess clay and
plaster??
sue