Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] beginning drawing

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2008 - 20:35:43 PDT

Instead of just doing drawings upside down, I firmly believe in using
a grid AND working first, cooperatively, to produce a "mystery"

Today we finished our 2008 "mystery portrait" and it turned out quite
well, especially since the kids had no idea what they were doing,
other than matching lines, shapes and values on a bazillion separate
(coded) 1/2" squares, which they enlarged to 2" squares. We met
during the second half of lunch today to put all the pieces together
in a large, mosaic-like puzzle.

Check it out (and also the new work I've posted) on my website:

After looking at the mystery portrait, click "back" to go to the
drawing section and click on the link that says Student Progress in
Portraiture. Results like these help to keep me enthused and upbeat
about teaching. :-)

To unsubscribe go to