[teacherartexchange] outdoor sculpture

---------

From: Foell, Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange (Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2008 - 10:52:03 PDT

Hi all:

We've been asked to do outdoor sculptures for the environmental science
garden. I would like some ideas, tips, etc. on what I could reasonably
do that would hold up in FL sun & rain. Have had some suggestions about
using concrete, but my knowledge is really limited. I have a little bit
of a budget. Currently, we're planning mosaic orbs by covering bowling
balls with glass, tile, etc. And I had a suggestion to do a Chihuly
inspired with plastic bottles.

 Any help, links, really appreciated.

Marlyn Foell
Art Teacher
Rockledge HS
Brevard County, Florida

Paint your life with bold strokes and bright colors!

Due to Florida's broad public records law, most written communications to or from government employees regarding public education are public records. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.