Re: [teacherartexchange] digital cameras/organizing interesting posts

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 16:57:31 PDT

I'm on an i-mac and use mac mail to read and sort my e-mail. I assume
other e-mail
programs have similar features. I create folders when there are
topics I wish to save
for later. I give the folders a name that makes sense to me like
Docents, Democrats,
Exhibits, Friday Painters, etc. When I get an e-mail that I might
need the information
in it later - I drag it over to the proper folder. I just counted - I
have 53 folders. I could
put sub folders inside folders but I'm not that organized. I usually
don't erase any e-mails
until the middle of the next month - then I erase all of last months.
That does not effect
the hundreds of e-mails saved in folders. Since I get thousands of e-
mails each month
I sometimes sort them by date, subject or sender to locate something
- or better yet
I use the search feature in my e-mail program to find a topic. If I
search for "Marie" it
brings up all the massages with that word. Or I might search for
"gumbo" and it brings up
all messages with that term somewhere in the text. I'm not a very
organized person
but my little i-mac seems to find those things I've lost track of.
Some people are
organized in "files", others are organized in "piles". The beauty of
the latter is
that during our searches we discover many things we had forgotten about.
                                                        Woody

On Oct 17, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Cheryl Lloyd wrote:

> I cut and paste into a word document and save on my computer in
> appropriate folders. I love Maggie's idea but our district wipes out
> our inboxes every summer.
>
> Cheri Lloyd
> Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor
> Whitmore Charter School of the Arts and Technology
> 3435 Don Pedro Road
> Ceres, CA 95307
> 209.556.1610

Read My Blog: