Re: [teacherartexchange] outdoor Christmas ornaments

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 05:21:31 PDT

Take plastic soda/tea bottles clean them out, strip off the label and have students draw on them with colored permanent markers in a variety of shape patterns then outline the individual colors with a black marker. You have a stained glass ornament. This also can be done using colored tissue paper and glue/gloss medium to apply it. Then use either a black permanent marker or black acrylic paint to create the patterns.

Pine cones dry brushed with white paint and sprinkled with glider.

Take a thick branch or stick cut it into six inch lengths and paint them all white. Paint black eyes, an orange pointed nose, black dots for a mouth. Tie a strip of colored cloth around the area below the mouth for a scarf and then put dots on for the buttons. You have a snow person. You can paint the top of the stick above the eyes to represent a hat.

All of these could stand being put outside for a short time. Use acrylic paint as tempera paint will run if wet.

Jeff (Minnesota)