Re:[teacherartexchange] digital cameras/organizing interesting posts

---------

From: K J (kj2008art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 04:42:42 PDT

Hi Claire,

The website http://www.dpreview.com/ is great for comparing cameras -
just go Buying Guide -> Side by Side. Some of the Canon Powershots are
very good cameras and have a lot of options as far as compact cameras
are concerned. I missed your earlier posts but if you are teaching a
digital photography class it would be beneficial to have the Av and Tv
functions in order to vary depth of field and to capture motion (eg
waterfall etc).

You can put this requirement in the feature search on dPreview and
compare costs of cameras with this etc.
The other features I would consider are the batteries (rechargable?),
storage format (does it do raw? do you teach photoshop?), image
stabilisation (are many photos in low light?) and zoom (wide
angle/tele lengths - any landscapes/architecture for wider angle?).

KJ