Re: [teacherartexchange] art museums in San Francisco

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 12:12:11 PDT

Something I loved was taking a boat tour to Alcatraz. It's really interesting--and creepy--and right in the middle of the most incredible views of the bay. You go from the wharf area so you would be doing that also. I like the SFMOMA

>>> <hollingsworth005@bellsouth.net> 10/13/2008 5:43 pm >>>
Hi all,
   I'm frantically trying to get all the art ready for our first time with 1st Artworks (a company that sets up art shows with the kids' work in frames) I haven't used them before but thought we would try it. I just got all the Square1 Magnet art sent in last month-we have used them for several years and love their program, and we did Pinwheels for Peace. I incorporated all of this into my regular lessons but it has been a crazy first nine weeks of school...add to that getting ready for a sub for 3 days because ... my husband and I are flying to S.F. with my daughter and her husband. My daughter is running in her first marathon on Sunday and we will have wed. through Monday to enjoy the city. I need some advice from some locals ( or anyone in the know) If I can only drag my group to one art museum -what do you suggest? And also what are the must sees? I've only been to S.F. and that was when we were flying to Japan the next morning for the Fulbright Memorial trip and I mostly saw the airport!
      thanks in advance,
            Jeryl in SC

-*Scanned by ECSD GWAVA*-