Re: [teacherartexchange] Best Practices

---------

From: Diane Gregory (gregory.diane55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 12:09:06 PDT

Hi Jen

Good idea for a book; I do not know of one that deals with that wonderful topic specifically in art education from a broad, neutral position.

I wish there was a good book like that. I would use it in my methods classes. Unfortunately, there is little research about what constitutes best practices in art education. There are different books that advocate for different approaches. However, I do not know of one that provides substantive research to back up their approach or philosophy. I think the closest one can get is "promising" practices and yet most books tend to be slanted toward one approach or another, ie. DBAE, visual culture, studio, TAB, Interdisciplinary. Most art educators are left to figure this out on their own. :-)

Diane