Re: [teacherartexchange] art museums in San Francisco

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 08:43:25 PDT

I live in San Jose but I go to the city often.

There are many museums in the city. The Legion of honor (In the Presidio), is a small replica of the Louvre and has a great group of works and always a good show on the bottom floor the current show is The State Museums of Berlin and the Legacy of James Simon.

The newly renovated De Young museum is in Golden Gate park which is worth a visit alone. Great collection and wonderful new building, they have nothing big going on now but a great museum.

Lastly is my favorite the Museum of Modern Art on third street, south of Market. They always have a wide collection of art from the 20th century on up. The building is a sculpture unto itself and I have many favorites there. If you like contemporary art then this is for you and its downtown near Union Square. Right now they have "Visons of Vegas".

Each one has a great cafeteria and offers a great view of different parts of the city.

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA