Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Field Trip

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2008 - 08:01:23 PDT

Why go with a tour group? they really can't do all that much more for you (or less) than a good travel agent can, or a few hours of internet research on your own.
The first thing I'd plan for them is a day & evening hop on-off open bus tour. I've done these in London twice and Paris this summer and they are the best. a safe way for your kids to see NYC at night. You can get an appointment in the print/drawing room at the Metropolitain and request specific pieces for them to see in advance (if they still do that) you'll get more time in your museums of choice (don't forget the craft museum) ...some meals from street vendors and Nathan's...maybe Mama Leoni's or a great Pizza place...what could be better?

With that small a group and this much advance time you could probably make an appointment to visit a printmaking workshop or an artist's studio.

bus tours of NYC

what fun.

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter