Re: RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 11, 2008

---------

From: Dobbelaere (dobbe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2008 - 23:05:11 PDT

I have my HS kids do a clay whistle and they create a creature mostly
animals with the whistle body. you can find info on the web for making
these . getting the whistle is a trick but once the kids get thiers tro
work I hear a whoohooo! from them. soem of them I just have to help . I
use the handle of a needle to to make the first hole on th eend at a 45
degree anglle then I take popcicle sticks and shave a batch dow like a flute
reed to insert the blow hole. it has to be at the right angle to allow the
air to pass by the first hoel to create the whistle sound. Whish I could
send some pics I have some really neat ones this year we start with two
pich pots and weld them together also then add the arms legs etc.
S. Dobbelaere