Re:[teacherartexchange] Cracking when glazing

---------

From: Angela Davidson (addartistic_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2008 - 09:12:03 PDT

The tile on the top shelf was broken in half when I opened the kiln. I did
prop the lid to allow it to cool from 250 degrees. It had been cooling over
night. I had another with a hair line crack that had been in the middle of
the kiln. My kiln is in a small enclosed room with an overhead hood.

Angela from Iowa.