Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 09, 2008

---------

From: Casey McCullough (cmccullough_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 07:14:42 PDT

as a beginning teacher and a new member to the list i joined to get new ideas about teaching and lessons. so how bout instead of talking why the list is bad we try to do something about it.

i propose all who want to share a lesson you are currently doing. new or old. one that you are excited about or that is your favorite. and maybe that would start some new threads. k?

my lesson that i just finished is a version of the dick blick lichtenstein monoprint lesson. i didnt print though we just did markers. so we talked about lichtenstein, talked about omatopoeia (?), and i introduced benday dots. then students had to find a picture in movement like out of sports illustrated, draw their body in proportion on 18" x 24" paper, using primary colored markers and black. if your interested, once i get more of my permission slips back, ill send you my link to my artsonia so you can check em' out.

another thread i would like to start is about artsonia. how do you use it, does it work, do you have problems with the comments, have you made any money from it?

happy columbus day!! have a good weekend. casey