Re: [teacherartexchange] ipods in art class and the problem of theft in the classroom

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2008 - 09:19:32 PDT

Thanks for the info, everyone.

Jean, theft isnt' really much of a problem at my school. It's a tiny
school, and kids typically don't steal because they know someone will
find out. It's such a small school, if something goes missing
everyone knows, and if that thing turns up elsewhere, it's hard to
play it off like it's really yours. So, I'm not as worried about
theft as I am about the ipods becoming a huge distraction.

I think I'm going to try to get the administration to work with me on
this one. Who knows? They might actually say "yes." They have been
pretty open to ideas that I assume will be shot down, so I might be
surprised!

thanks to everyone who responded. I've compliled a lot of your
comments to give to my principal for consideration. Kids have been
begging for this, so it will work as a great incentive system, too!

Becky

--
Carpe You Some Diem!
Website:  http://www.rebeccaburch.com