Re: [teacherartexchange] Participation in TeacherArtExchange

---------

From: Diane Gregory (gregory.diane55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2008 - 07:36:46 PDT

I agree with most of what Ann says. I also think we could use a facilitator that would steer the discussion toward positive, uplifting topics of interest to a wide range of people. I do miss the more philosophical discussions we once had about art education theory and practice. Nevertheless, I like to listen to what is on the minds of art teachers. I do miss lively discussions.

One topic I would like to discuss is visual culture lesson ideas for the elementary art classroom. I would like to also hear what the group thinks about the pros and cons of visual culture. I am not sure my art education students are getting the background they need in sociology, psychology, anthropology, technology, and in contemporary art to teach visual culture. What are your thoughts?

Diane