[teacherartexchange] Shout out to New Jersey Art Educators

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 17:20:18 PDT

Just want to give a "shout out" to the New Jersey Educators who participated in, and helped to make our annual art teacher's convention a success. It was great fun meeting some of you from the list as well...names to faces...

I truly enjoyed hearing Faith Ringgold speak and seeing her power point on her commissioned pieces. This year I did two workshop sessions on Shadow Puppets. Sharing with my colleagues helps me to walk in the shoes of art educators on many levels, from Charter Schools, Private Schools, Public Schools and Special Schools. As a high school educator I sometimes forget what the other levels are capable of, and the elementary and middle school educators I met always remind me of how extensive art education is and how talented art teachers are.

Thanks to all who gave workshops as well, as we keep making our profession updated and strong.

San D