[teacherartexchange] ipods in art class?

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 08:33:58 PDT

Do any of you let students listen to personal music players (ipods, CD
players, etc...) in art class?

My school has a STRICT no-electronics rule and is not big on allowing
student-selected music in any class.... buuuut.... I've been given a
really huge group of 8th graders and have actually gotten the
administration to hear me out on the possiblity of allowing students
to bring ipods as an incentive for good behavior. I said they'll hear
me out... but it's a hard sell!

So do any of you have them, and how is it working for you? I read
somewhere that someone has them and class has gotten quieter! This
would be a really good point to bring up if you're really experiencing
a reduction in noise and behavior issues.

The one big downside would be if the ipods became a distraction...
sharing, "Hey, listen to this song!", etc....

So, what are your experiences?

Becky
Charleston, WV