Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 06, 2008

---------

From: Donna Pumphrey (dpumphrey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2008 - 06:51:11 PDT

Forgot to say that my favorite thing about my studio is that it is mine, all mine. Small though it is. I can go in with the girl cats-they think it's their room-and create to my hearts content. I've put some of my favorite things on the walls. I considered taking out the bed but find it is good for putting pictures in frames-like Woody-and is good for the ocassional cat nap complete with cats.

I don't use it enough, and I don't allow school work in it either, and I don't feel guilty. I've found I MUST create somehow in order to be socialbly human to other humans. If I don't I turn into something inhuman. It's the drive to create that allows us to be who we are as art teachers and we must feed that drive if we are to be of use to our students.

-Donna

Donna Pumphrey
Harmony/Union Grove
Art
+ I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.-Georgia O'Keefe

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---