[teacherartexchange] Home studio poll

---------

From: Donna Pumphrey (dpumphrey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2008 - 06:36:33 PDT

Ah a subject near and dear to my heart.

Since my stepson has refused to come on the weekends, we're too boring, don't take him out to eat, watch movies, roller skate, bowl, something every weekend he comes, I turned what was his room into my studio/guest room.

But, I keep trying to convince my DH that I "need" a separate building for a studio. I want more space. Right now I have a drawing table, easel, several drawers, and boxes that hold painting/drawing/craft stuff, and a pottery wheel, several buckets of clay and clay shelves in my "studio. It is rather cramped, and the DH hates messes. I keep trying to convince him if I had a sperate studio I could be out of the house and he wouldn't see the mess.

I actually have some money that I could buy a Lowes double decker back yard shed, and put in insulation, more windows, electricity and water, but I am holding off. DH doesn't really want me to do it, and with the economy the way it is....

So for now it's a guest room studio for me.

-Donna

Donna Pumphrey
Harmony/Union Grove
Art
+ I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.-Georgia O'Keefe

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---