Re: [teacherartexchange] art studio (at home) poll

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2008 - 07:03:56 PDT

Thanks for all the responses, they have really been interesting!

The thing is, guys, if we were teaching art at a University, they would provide us a personal studio. But, since we are teaching people under the age of 18, we have to provide our own, but it matters just as much, and is something we need to do for ourselves.

What I see as my biggest challenge is making myself be selfish enough to not gradually turn my studio into a "well, we can put it in the studio" in-house storage unit.

The bedroom I'm making a studio is right in the middle of the house, and visible from the front door (now that we took out a few walls). We have to walk through it to get to the master suite, so I hope to make it look good as well as be functional.

I'll take all the ideas I find to heart and when I get it finished I'll post a link to a few photos. I wish we had a page where we could all have pictures of our studios, such as they are.