Re:[teacherartexchange] home studios

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2008 - 06:23:19 PDT

I have been following this thread for a while now, and have discovered that I'm not the only one that sets up a "studio" in an unused bedroom or corner of a room. I used to have a studio setup in a large walk-in closet! It worked pretty well, considering I was doing large canvasses in acrylics at the time. Currently, I have a studio setup in our daughter's old bedroom, and I am in the middle of setting up a studio, or as my wife names it, "butio", for a bedroom/studio in our vacation home in northern Michigan. I had it wired with track lighting and am furnishing it with an old library table for framing, as well as using the same drawing table I used over 30 years ago in the walk in closet. I have learned that you don't really need an expansive stand alone studio space to create good art, just the desire and the time to create it. The point is, practice making art any way you can, wherever you can. It will make you a better teacher as well as a
 better artist.

Jerry
artguyvilenski.com