Re: [teacherartexchange] art studio (at home) poll

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2008 - 22:24:09 PDT

My favorite thing about my studio is a 4x4' painting that my uncle John
Stover (creator of Grandma Stover's miniature dollhouse furniture) painted
when I was in 5th grade and went to Florida to visit him. The painting is
titled "The Orgy" and is the basis for my artistic style. I STILL find
something new everytime I view this painting, and it makes me smile whenever
I see it.

My second favorite thing about my studio is my work area. My room is fairly
small in comparision to some studios. My work table was made by taking two
cabinets, unfinished so I could paint them to my liking) with a 4x8' piece
of white shelving board (I don't know exactly what it's called, but it's the
stuff closet shelving units are made from). I have a raised shelf on that. I
have 90% of everything I need within easy reach. I can sit on a stool or
stand to work.

Funny how I can define my favorite things about my studio is my inspiration
& the space I can create!
~Michal