Re: [teacherartexchange] art studio (at home) poll

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2008 - 06:33:50 PDT

Betty - It's wonderful that you are going to have a "school free"
studio space at home.
Frani turned one bedroom into a sewing room and I'm using another as
a studio. But my
space is over flowing with the stuff I stack here and there. Of
course there is just the two
of us and Blossom (our dog). If you are going to do everything you
listed you had best
be organized. I'm not - I still cut mats on the island in the
kitchen, put paintings into frames
on our bed, stack paintings between exhibits in the library, etc. My
wish is to add a room
on to the house for a real studio but this is not the time to take on
debt. Keep us informed
as your space is finished.
                                                                        Woody

On Oct 3, 2008, at 6:58 AM, Betty B wrote:

> I'm pretty much moved back in to the house we gutted and remodeled.
> My studio right now is the "catch all" until we get the countertops
> made and I sew the livingroom drapes.
>
> I need to be able to paint, make woodcut prints, bead, mosaic, mat
> and frame, as well as pack and ship, etc. I'm trying to keep all
> "schoolness" out of it. This will be a "school free" space (unless
> I decide to do NCBT)
>
> So I'm asking those of you who have home studios - what is your
> FAVORITE thing about it? Takach presses, napping Golden Retrievers
> and fabulous views don't count!
>
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

Read My Blog: