[teacherartexchange] mural painting -- to seal or not to seal? That is the question.

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2008 - 05:18:48 PDT

Hi, all! Thanks for all the info about the best kind of paint for
mural painting. I have plenty to think about when I go to buy paint
this weekend for our big mural project.

Next question -- should I seal it? This is for a mural in an
industrial, inner-city area (yes, we have those here in WV, believe it
or not) and the building has been a favorite of graffiti artists.
Oddly enough, in other graffiti-prone areas of town, taggers left
murals alone, but I would like the mural to stand up to graffiti
removal as much as possible. So, should I seal it? And if so, what
product do you recommend.

Thanks again for all your help. If you want to see what we're up to, go here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rebeccaburch/sets/72157607630640266/

Becky
Charleston WV