Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Art Relating to Literature and Poems (Ekphrastic art)

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 19:39:02 PDT

Hi Judy and Getty list,
        One book I used throughout my teaching career is "Talking to the
Sun." It is probably long out of print by now, but you may be able
to find it on It is a book of poems and reproductions
arranged in thematic format. Some of the connections are direct,
such as the Figure 5, but others are suggested connections.

                Ann-on-y-mouse, back in Columbus after weeks in France!
                Art Teacher, K-5, retired

PS I sat on the plane from Paris to Reykjavik with a lady who
teaches art in Iceland. So I introduced her to the list!

On Oct 31, 2007, at 9:42 AM, Judy Decker wrote:

> Dear Art Educators,
> It is time for me to come to the list for help (smile). I am looking
> for specific works of art relating to Literature and Poems (works that
> I can find on line - I am not going to the library to look up books).
> I have Demuth's "Number Five in Gold" (William Carlos Williams poem)
> and now have Quidor's Headless Horsemen.

To unsubscribe go to