Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Art Relating to Literature and Poems (Ekphrastic art)

---------

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 17:49:54 PDT

Sir Frank Dicksee and John William Waterhouse both have fairly well-known
and easy-to-find images of Keats' poem La Belle Dame Sans Merci (for that
matter, Keats went the other way, writing about a Greek vase in "Ode on a
Grecian Urn").

Waterhouse also has a very famous image of Ophelia from Shakespeare's
Hamlet, as does Millais.

In fact, I bet those darn Pre-Raphaelites had lots more literary paintings
if you wanted to do a bit more looking!

Lydia in Toledo