Re: [teacherartexchange] tapestry weaving

---------

From: Kathleen Pfeifer (kpfeifer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 08:39:45 PDT

Ellen:

I would have the student weave the diamond in the center of the weaving and then work the other weaving into the diamond afterwards.

Kathy

>>> "Sears, Ellen" <ELLEN.SEARS@Anchorage.kyschools.us> 10/31/07 10:32 AM >>>
I have done weaving with classes before - but just straight weaving. We
are using the Crizmac lesson on tapestry weaving and I have a question.
We have tabby on the top and bottom - like a header and footer. But if
the student has a diamond in the middle, and stairsteps on the sides of
their plan... where do they go first? It has been a loooooooongggg time
since I have done it - do they do the diamond in the middle first, or
have several needles with colors? It wouldn't make sense to have a
ruler to create the shed if you do the diamond first...

Can anyone help?
Ellen