Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] tapestry weaving

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 08:41:56 PDT

Hi Ellen,

I would have several bundles/needles going at once.

Here is demo in color of what Maggie has on her handout:
I know there are many additional links out there.... but Boomer (my
cat is on my lap right now)..... and he is a pretty big fellow - who
wants my attention.

Look at Maggie's file on IAD.

You might have the kiddles experiment and try some different ways...
Maybe they will discover what works for them?

Judy Decker

On 10/31/07, Sears, Ellen wrote:
> I have done weaving with classes before - but just straight weaving. We
> are using the Crizmac lesson on tapestry weaving and I have a question.
> We have tabby on the top and bottom - like a header and footer. But if
> the student has a diamond in the middle, and stairsteps on the sides of
> their plan... where do they go first? It has been a loooooooongggg time
> since I have done it - do they do the diamond in the middle first, or
> have several needles with colors? It wouldn't make sense to have a
> ruler to create the shed if you do the diamond first...
> Can anyone help?
> Ellen

To unsubscribe go to