[teacherartexchange] tapestry weaving

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 08:32:10 PDT

I have done weaving with classes before - but just straight weaving. We
are using the Crizmac lesson on tapestry weaving and I have a question.
We have tabby on the top and bottom - like a header and footer. But if
the student has a diamond in the middle, and stairsteps on the sides of
their plan... where do they go first? It has been a loooooooongggg time
since I have done it - do they do the diamond in the middle first, or
have several needles with colors? It wouldn't make sense to have a
ruler to create the shed if you do the diamond first...

Can anyone help?
Ellen