[teacherartexchange] Need Art Relating to Literature and Poems (Ekphrastic art)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 06:42:50 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

It is time for me to come to the list for help (smile). I am looking
for specific works of art relating to Literature and Poems (works that
I can find on line - I am not going to the library to look up books).
I have Demuth's "Number Five in Gold" (William Carlos Williams poem)
and now have Quidor's Headless Horsemen.

John Quidor, "The Headless Horseman Pursuing Ichabod Crane", 1858
http://eyelevel.si.edu/
The Headless Horseman Pursuing Ichabod Crane - Speaking of Pictures Interactive
http://americanart.si.edu/collection.../sp_quidor.cfm

I only want titles of works that I can find somewhere on line and am
particularly interested in tie ins with American Literature/Poems.

This is called Ekphrastic Art. I am researching this for my husband
and for an ArtsEducators list member. I have Ekphrastic Art linked on
my Comprehensive Arts page (but the images are no longer there). If
you are interested in more on this topic, let me know.. I do have some
links - but with not so famous works of art (I will have to see where
I "stashed' them).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Judy Decker