[teacherartexchange] Paper Critters - Online Paper Toy Creator

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2007 - 05:14:42 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Looking for some fun? Check out Paper Critters Online Paper Toy Creator
http://www.papercritters.com/
Site gets a lot of action. I had to check back later as it was too
busy the first time I tried.
You need the newest version of Flash to view the critters in 3-D. I
did not investigate to see if the colony is all kid safe (that is up
to you). Ten best all looked OK for kiddies to view.
Try your hand at creating your own 3-D character first.

I found this in Amy's Art Education 2.0 blog (http://arted20.ning.com/)

David Gran is using Paper Critters paired up with Pepakura - a
Japanese program that allows you to turn 3D models you create in other
programs (like Google Sketchup) into printable schematics to cut out
and construct. Read about that site in Carrot Revolution:
http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/2007/03/pepakura-make-anything-in-papercraft.html

Note to Woody D... YES, Art Education 2.0 is a social network and yes
you do have to sign up to read the blogs, etc. It is FREE - a ning
network created by Dr. Craig Roland. That is the idea.... When I post
the link, I am encouraging more to sign on. Sorry I didn't get back to
you when you posted that you had to sign up to read the blog. I just
said "Well, duh" to myself (chuckles). I always post the links to the
sites that I share as well so you don't really have to log onto Art
Education 2.0 if you don't want to.

Note to Kathy Douglas - See if this site would interest the TAB folks.
I can post it there, too (smile).

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department