Re: [teacherartexchange] There is a new fish in the "Getty Pond" (long)

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 17:40:09 PDT

Judy and All,
Frani's Beta did not last very long either. I think two or three
years is normal.
Thanks for sharing your fish tale - it's good to know more about the
folks
out there on the list.
                                                        Woody

On Oct 29, 2007, at 3:42 PM, Judy Decker wrote:

> Marvin had a good life - I had him over two years - he was quite a
> mature fish when I bought him (largest Betta I ever had - so was an
> older fish when I got him). He passed in August and I did not replace
> him until now. I did look a couple times, but didn't see any bettas I
> liked. With my recent frustrations with the list, I was contemplating
> cleaning up the aquarium and putting it up in the attic - and giving
> up Getty list. Several folks asked me to get a new fish (smile).... So
> I did.
>
> I bought a real beauty. It is a red (almost a magenta) and blue crown
> tailed betta (first one I have had of these). Here is a picture that
> looks quite a bit like him.
> http://www.e-aquarium.com.au/crown-tailed-betta.htm
> You will also see that I chose this type of betta for my tip in page
> (symbolizing the Getty Pond)
> http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/books/TipIn-
> summerpage1.jpg
>
> My new fish is named King Victorious (King for short - because he
> wears a crown - Victorious after Vicky from Getty TeacherArtExchange
> Staff who answers my emails to the staff).
>
> I will still be listening.... and posting.... for a while.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

Read My Blog:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog/October07.html#NewestEntry