Re: [teacherartexchange] help! - sugar skulls for Dia de los Muertos

---------

From: Jean King (kingjean_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2007 - 19:42:36 PDT

I made them several years back. They're easy if you
have the molds and the meringue powder. If you have a
baker's supply store or cake decorating store in your
area you may be able to get everything in one place.

The website
http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/mexicansugarskull/recipe.htm
features the recipe and molds that I used.
I made approximately 250 of them and let the kids
decorate them.

I mixed my frosting up and put it in baggies, then I
added the cake coloring. I snipped a tiny bit off of
the corner of the bag and the kids squeezed the
frosting out through the hole.

It was great fun and I could tell who was eating the
frosting since the color tends to stain them.

Hope this helps,
Jean King in Texas