Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] help! - sugar skulls for Dia de los Muertos

From: Jean King (kingjean_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2007 - 19:42:36 PDT

I made them several years back. They're easy if you
have the molds and the meringue powder. If you have a
baker's supply store or cake decorating store in your
area you may be able to get everything in one place.

The website
features the recipe and molds that I used.
I made approximately 250 of them and let the kids
decorate them.

I mixed my frosting up and put it in baggies, then I
added the cake coloring. I snipped a tiny bit off of
the corner of the bag and the kids squeezed the
frosting out through the hole.

It was great fun and I could tell who was eating the
frosting since the color tends to stain them.

Hope this helps,
Jean King in Texas
--- Ray Leal <> wrote:

> Oops- I sent another link, but I don't think it went
> anywhere. When
> Nora sent her question, I was actually looking up
> directions for
> sugar skulls- I haven't made them though- Here is
> the first link I sent-
> Here is the second again so they are in the same
> message-
> >

> Wish I could offer more concrete help-
> Heather
> ---