Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] African art - "Inscribing Meaning" - Online Exhibit

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2007 - 11:23:39 PDT

Thanks for posting the Fowler, Katrina.

The Fowler had the exhibit "Inscribing Meaning: Writing and Graphic
Systems in African Art" On view through February 17, 08. Smithsonian
Museum of African Art still has the online presentation available.
Well worth your time to browse this exhibit/presentation. An artist I
have "talked" to via email has work in this show - Victor Ekpuk

I know I posted this website before - but I know there are new members
who may not have seen it.

Judy Decker

On 10/27/07, Katrina wrote:
> The Fowler Museum located on the UCLA campus is one of my favorites for all sorts of cultures. They do not charge admission! It is a museum dedicated to world cultures and the ed staff is wonderful there. I am a guest artist there at times, most recently teaching a class on mask making as it related to an exhibit on the Makishi from Africa. There are two exhibits relating to African art right now.

To unsubscribe go to