[teacherartexchange] Judy Decker (was Re: teacherartexchange digest: October 26, 2007)

---------

From: Curt James (curtjames_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2007 - 04:31:57 PDT

Note: I deleted your email and also cut or snipped other text from your post.

> Subject: DIGEST users please read
> From: "Judy Decker"
> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:19:16 -0400

> Digest users, please pay attention to
> what you are sending. Do *not*
> click reply to the digest unless you
> take the time to remove the
> content of the digest.

Done.

> I spear-headed the project to "Save Getty
> List and Archives".

Thank you for the work you do and have done.

> Slow down, pay attention to what you are sending.

Excellent advice.

> It only takes a couple seconds for you
> to remove the content of the digest when
> you post. Also remember to change the
> subject line to something relevant
> to what you are posting.

How did I do?

> Many are posting members' email
> addresses without permission.

If this is a concern then I would recommend that you or anyone else
apply some form of simple spam-proofing to your email address. I use a
Gmail account and could easily set up a spam-proof or spam variation
by adding a "NOSPAM" tag to the email address and then including
"remove the obvious to reply." Example curtjamesNOSPAM@gmail.com

Can you pick out the obvious?

> My email address has been posted by list
> members nearly 300 times....So yes, this is
> an issue with me. I get more spam each day
> than wanted mail. My email address has also
> been picked up and is sending spam and
> viruses (spoofed). I have gotten a lot from
> my address.

Some form of anti-virus software is also a tool you might want to investigate.

> Note to All:
>
> If my email address continues to
> be posted, I will stop posting.

Good luck with reaching a point where EVERYONE refrains from posting
your email and also follows through on deleting the content of the
digest in its entirety. People make mistakes and, hey, often people do
things deliberately for whatever reason. Doesn't make it right, but
it's less than realistic to expect this behavior or these events to
cease.

> Sorry to keep bringing this up...
> but many of you are not "listening".

No apology necessary here, but I don't expect that you're going to be
especially happy with the results.

Check out http://www.symantec.com/ for spamming issues. And, yes, set
up a spam-proof or spam-blocking email address.

Most importantly, have a great weekend.

Curt