Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Largest Religion in the World

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 19:28:19 PDT

Hi Randy and all,

Randy's statement got me surfing for an answer.... Christianity as a
whole IS the largest religion in the world. Islam is second - but is
the fastest growing. Hinduism is third.
Christianity is currently the largest religion in the world. It is
followed by about 33% of all people -- a percentage that has remained
stable for decades. If current trends continue, Islam will become the
most popular world religion sometime in the mid-21st century.
This aren't all sites to take the kiddies too... I am just posting to
show that all of them agree.

Randy, glad to hear you DO teach about world religions....and it sure
wasn't me how scolded you for telling digest users to clip the digest
from their posts. I have posted the same request at least three times
(probably more).

Judy Decker

On 10/26/07, Randy Menninghaus wrote:

> Regarding the time bit of friction regarding winter break. The largest
> religion in the world is not Christianity.

To unsubscribe go to