RE:[teacherartexchange] [teacherartexchange) private schools and public schools

---------

From: familyerickson (familyerickson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 18:36:42 PDT

Hi Amy,
I presently teach at a private christian academy. Christmas is a big deal
at our school. We have a lights on ceremony and every age level
participates in some aspect of the decorating. Since our parents choose
our school it is of course well accepted.

I also taught in a local public school only a few miles away which was
attended by a very varied group of students with all kinds of beliefs. We
had strict guidelines regarding religion and/or any holidays and very strict
guidelines on artwork that pertained to religion or holidays(not allowed at
all).

Cindy