[teacherartexchange] holidays and posting

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 16:26:15 PDT

I am smiling and remembering the time some one got mad at me for reminding
people to select all and delete the digest before replying. I am not
getting the digest, even thou that was how I got in previous times. Now I
have lots of mail and have to cull my suspect mail every day.

Regarding the time bit of friction regarding winter break. The largest
religion in the world is not Christianity. I love the time of year and I
decided to try to celebrate as much of the season as we can.We usher in the
season with St Nicholas day, than the first day of Chanukah. I made latkes
all day with an electric fry pan and two students brought in articles to
explain their faith, one brought the menorah, another one brought dredels
for his whole class. We usually fit in St Lucia Day, Winter Solstice, and
I talk about boxing day. I find it is an opportunity to learn about other
cultures. In January we do Kings day. I love to cook and bring in a
traditional German cookie liebkuken for all to try.

I have come full circle regarding holidays. Many are teaching opportunities.

I'll take photos of our day of the dead clay figures the kids are currently
sculpting. they are pretty hysterical and wonderful at the same time.