[teacherartexchange] DIGEST users please read

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 10:19:16 PDT

Dear Getty TeacherArtExchange Digest Users,
(bcc to TeacherArtExchange Staff)

Digest users, please pay attention to what you are sending. Do *not*
click reply to the digest unless you take the time to remove the
content of the digest. Some of you are posting entire digests to the
list - which includes all of our email addresses to be archived. Getty
has now updated the archives to include much of the September
archives... and yes, some complete digests have been added.

We (veteran list members) fought pretty hard to get the digest
restored years ago (when Getty was planning to make changes to the
list - can't remember how long ago that was now). I spear-headed the
project to "Save Getty List and Archives".

Slow down, pay attention to what you are sending. It only takes a
couple seconds for you to remove the content of the digest when you
post. Also remember to change the subject line to something relevant
to what you are posting.

Instead of clicking reply to the digest, it might be easier for you to
start a new email to the TeacherArtExchange list. Put the posting
address in your address book. If you can not find the posting address,
look on this page:

http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/
Start a new thread.

Note to TeacherArtExchange Staff,

Please do not archive any additional posts until you have software
that will reject posts that include the entire digest (there used to
be a Lyris command that would reject posts that had too many repeated
lines). Maybe a command could be set to reject any post that has the
Subject line that is a reply to a digest?

Also, do not archive more posts online until you have software that
will truncate email addresses that list members post. Many are posting
members' email addresses without permission. I know the technology is
available. Yahoo truncates email addresses.

My email address has been posted by list members nearly 300
times....So yes, this is an issue with me. I get more spam each day
than wanted mail. My email address has also been picked up and is
sending spam and viruses (spoofed). I have gotten a lot from my
address.

Note to All:

If my email address continues to be posted, I will stop posting.

A little more than two years ago, when my Beta fish "Nick" died (named
after Nick from the Getty Education Department who was in charge of
the list) that was supposed to be my "sign" that it was time for me
give up the Getty list (The small aquarium on my desk represents "The
Getty Pond").... Well... I bought a new Beta Fish and named him
"Marvin" (after Marvin Bartel who makes us all think - and who I value
as the most important member of this list). My Marvin died in August
and I still have not replaced him in the "Getty pond" - it sits empty
on my desk... still not sure it I will add some life to it - or simply
put it away in my attic and sign off of Getty list.

Sorry to keep bringing this up... but many of you are not "listening".

Regards,

Judy Decker