RE: [teacherartexchange] casting paper a quickie using TP

---------

bmarder_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 08:55:32 PDT

I wish I had a boatload of foam sheets. The last time I had some, we
did awesome printmaking! Sgraffitto with pencil into foam and then
brayer on water-based print ink and print on paper. We inked up foam
"plate" again for layering with another color.

As far as holidays go-my school is as diverse and multi-cultural as
you can get. If we are looking at a variety of holidays then we may
create art that correlates with all of them. Personally we do not
have a Christmas tree at school but one of our BIG fundraisers is the
holiday Christmas tree and wreath sale the kids sell after school and
bring in big $$$ for our programs. Nobody has a problem with it and
it's probably healthier than candy. We have a number of different
faiths that do not celebrate Christmas-Jewish, Muslim, Jehovah, for
example-but the idea is not a tree but respect for our differences and
similarities. I love to go to NYC at Christmas time to see the
festive decorations and would feel empty not to see these seasonal
displays even though, I, myself do not celebrate Christmas.

Barbara