Re: [teacherartexchange] casting paper a quickie using TP

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 08:35:26 PDT

I'm not going to get into an argument with you, but I have a Tibetan
mother-in-law, a Jamaican cousin, and a Polish brother-in-law. We all get
together and celebrate Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, whatever. We all
share in our prayers - going around the table as each religion is given it's
moment. We should spend as much time honoring tolerance for other's belief
as we do defending our right to do away with that that offends us. In the
district where I teach, we are a monoculture - we have no diversity in race
or culture. When we turn in our state reports, all we can turn in is
males/females and socio-economic levels. Why should we do away with our
tradition because it doesn't jive with what is being done in other parts of
the country?
~Michal