Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 29, 2006

---------

From: Michelle Best (michellebest_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 05:31:19 PST

Hello Rene,

I think this is a great quote. I will probably use it if you don't mind. My students have also begun to see mistakes as part of art. I am constantly telling them NO ONE IS PERFECT!! I think a cute thing to say, (another art teacher taught me), is "IN LIFE WE ARE GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES, B/C NO ONE IS PERFECT....SO IF WE MAKE A MISTAKE IN LIFE, DO WE GET A NEW LIFE? NO....WE LEARN HOW TO MAKE OUR MISTAKES WORK OUT FOR THE GOOD. THAT'S WHAT WE CAN DO WITH OUR MISTAKES IN ART....LEARN FROM THEM AND TURN THEM INTO SOMETHING GOOD."

Thanks,
Michelle