Re: [teacherartexchange] Who invented Art?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2006 - 10:52:59 PST

Maybe ask
Was "art' invented? or was naming it "art" invented?
When did "art" begin?
We call cave paintings art, but did the creators?
Much of what we regard and revere was not intended as art --- someone
decided to call it art. When did that happen? Why?
If the creator didn't intend for the work to be art, is it art?

Just some quick thoughts
Patty