Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 26, 2006

From: Rodney Boville (rboville_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 05:41:51 PDT

I teach elementary. With my 5th graders I provide each table with a box and
a hole on the top, a flashlight and usually an orange or a grapefruit. The
students put the flashlight in the hole on the box and a piece of fruit
inside the box. The light beams on the fruit and they can easily see the of
values.. They arrange themselves at the table so everyone has a good view.
The light in the box becomes the sun/light. The children then begin to draw
and shade. After using pencil and charcoal, they move onto one color of
watercolor paint and repeat the process of creating the values.

To unsubscribe go to