Re: [teacherartexchange] Shaded Still-lifes

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 04:42:43 PDT

Okay- We are in our watercolor unit and students were not seeing or using value at all. I drew (and copied off) a
paint by number for them done just in black and white- 0 was resist and then 1 through 5 for values. We all did
it step by step (and some of them wanted to do more of these) Now we are back to painting from life and they
are doing so much better at using values, even students students who do pretty low level work. I am sure you
could do a similar things with charcoal.

Gabrielle in Minnesota