Re: [teacherartexchange] Touching up Elementary Projects??

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 08:07:35 PDT

Marvin, (and all)
        Besides agreeing with you on the "touching up" issue, I wanted to
comment
about your article about kids and clay:
http://www.goshen.edu/art/ed/clay&kids.htm
The fact that you show a child (your daughter) involved in the
process is so
important in showing other teachers the key points you are making.
It's sad
that more teachers don't illustrate their lessons and articles with
pics of
students making art. It is so easy to make several points succinctly
with
a photo. Of course there is the hesitation, understandably, about
exposing
children to the wider world. So many nuts out there today. So get
permission
and do it carefully to avoid problems.
        I just wanted to make the point about the power of seeing kids
making art.
And, to complement you on the work you do especially that it is
available on
the web for others to peruse.
                                                Woody

On Oct 26, 2006, at 8:42 AM, Marvin Bartel wrote:

> I just posted a short essay on why I never draw on kid's artwork.
> Your response is welcome.
>
> http://www.bartelart.com/arted/drawingonkidswork.html
>
> Marvin Bartel
>

> ---