[teacherartexchange] regarding graffitti

---------

From: JLC (jeanette_10_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 04:55:55 PDT

I just had to jump in on this topic.
I live in the city- we have lots of gangs that are
always trying to outdo each other and will tag and
re-tag on the same spot.
My husband was always having to remove graffitti from
his school each week, UNTIL we got the idea to paint
murals on the walls. For some reason, these gang
members will NOT deface artwork and now the graffitti
problem is taken care of.
You might want to consider having the students do
murals where there has been problems with graffitti,
not only does this solve the problem its a great
community project for the schools/students to do.