Re: [teacherartexchange] Touching up Elementary Projects??

---------

From: Holmgren (holmgren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 18:44:06 PDT

I'm with you, Woody--I had the same experience in a watercolor workshop I
was taking--the instructor worked on my painting---it ended up looking like
one of his paintings--it was no longer my piece. I have just always felt it
was disrespectful to work on anyone else's artwork--whether I was teaching
adult watercolor classes or the elementary classes I now have. I will
sometimes show how to do things on a separate sheet--but never on a
student's paper. I guess an exception would be clay pieces--where I will do
a little mending on a piece so it doesn't break--just enough to do the job,
but not destroy the integrity of the piece.

Mary H.